I got this recipe in my Baking Class book by Deanna F. Cook. I love these sugar cookies and I hope you do too!
1 cup softened butter 3/4 cup sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 1/2 cups flour
1. Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer. Beat in the egg. Then mix in the vanilla.
2. Slowly mix in flour until a soft dough forms.
3. Turn the dough onto the countertop and pat into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1/2 hour or up to 4 days.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, or 190 degrees C. Roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick.
5. Cut out the cookies and place in an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min. or until lightly brown.
6. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few min. and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Decorate with or without royal icing and now it’s time to eat! Easy sugar cookies to make!