Since I have blogged about many parties, planed so many parties, and named this blog Partyness, I decided to finally write a blog post on how I plan parties. You can use the information in this post to plan any party, from a Pirate Party to an 80’s Party.
To help you, I have party planner printables! One is in black and white, and the other is in color.
The first step in party planning is deciding what your party’s theme will be. If you already have an idea, that’s great!! Some ideas are:
- Halloween (I have a few posts for this… and another one coming soon!)
- Valentines Day (For this party, make some Home made mint meltaways)
- 4th of July
- Mother’s Day (For a Mother’s Day gift, make this Mothers Day printable)
- Father’s Day
BIRTHDAY THEMES (Can be used for other parties)
- Puppy (I have puppy party printables. I said I would have a puppy party, but that never ended up happening)
- Star Wars (My Star Wars Party ideas post was my first post on this blog!!)
- Fashion (I had a fashion party, but didn’t blog about it.)
- 80’s Party!
- Pirate Party!
- Carnival Party
- Autumn ( My DIY Fall Leaves are perfect for this party!)
After I figure out my theme, I like to do a brain dump in Microsoft Word or Google docs. I divide my brain dump into sections; décor, games, and food. Depending on the party, you might want to add more sections. Like for my Halloween party, (which I WILL blog about this year), I put haunted house as one of the categories. You can also put shopping list, guest list, etc. In these sections, I like to add bullet points and add whatever I can think of into them. I waste time and spend hours trying to find the right font to use. Haha.
The next part of party planning is creating invitations and other printables. You can use mine, or if you want to make your own I recommend using Canva.
Next, I make decorations and games, and buy whatever I need for the party.
The last thing to do is…..have a party! Put the decorations up, set the food out, get the games out, and party!!!
Thanks for reading this blog post and I hope you now can plan a perfect party!!